To foster a love of reading , the secondary school had a wonderful time celebrating this important day on Friday 5th March.
The English Department are running a key stage 3 competition to promote the love of reading. The students are taking part in different activities such as:
• Make a creative collage with your favourite characters from one author.
• Listen to a piece of music, then write a story based on the lyrics or mood.
• Rewrite a chapter of a book told from a different viewpoint.
• Make a set of TOP TRUMPS cards based on characters from your favourite book/series.
• Create a book mark for your personal use in theme of your favourite book.
• Create a map of the setting from your favourite story.
Winners will be announced on the 20th March and awarded accordingly.